Through the years of research, study and experiment I came to the following conclusion: weight loss should be undertaken as a part of a healthy lifestyle. Among other benefits healthy lifestyle can help cure the hidden causes that contributed to your weight gain so you'll be able to maintain your ideal weight without any struggle.
Here are some healthy weight loss essentials:
1. First step in the weight loss process should be defining your goals and objectives, determining the milestones, etc. Make your weight loss goals realistic, specific and measurable. Say for example, by the end of week 3 I'll weigh 6 pounds less. This is realistic, specific and measurable.
2. Cravings, uncontrollable eating and other eating disorders can be of psychological nature that's why mind training and re-programming should be an important part of the weight loss process.
3. Cravings can also be caused by vitamins and minerals deficiency hence it is important to supplement the right diet with vitamins and minerals. You can take a high potency multivitamin with an additional vitamin C or determine your own unique needs through different questionnaires or hair mineral analysis.
4. Diet and exercise regime should be established as a part of healthy weight maintenance process. Make sure to eat the right foods, not to eat at night (preferably after 7 p.m.), drink 6-8 glasses of water daily, exercise 3-4 times a week.
5. Relaxation regime is extremely important in the weight loss process since we tend to overeat when we are tired, stressed out, under pressure, overwhelmed or don't get enough sleep at night. Make sure you relax after 2 hours of work - be it mental or physical. Even 5 minutes of rest is better than nothing. Just close your eyes to go inside and recharge.
6. You should strictly follow the weight loss diet in the beginning. When you lose most of your weight you can allow yourself to eat some of your old favorite fattening foods from time to time. This will make you feel better and will not create an additional stress for you. Just make sure to eat them really from time to time (once every two months, for example).
7. While choosing among different weight loss programs try to find one that includes not only diet, detoxification and exercise but mind training elements as well. Alternatively you can choose two different programs, for example - one that is completely centered on the mind programming and the other that solely concentrates on diet, detoxification and exercise.